- 1 cup quick cooking farro
- 1 large onion sliced thick, grilled
- 1 large pepper (red, yellow or orange) quartered, grilled
- ¼ cup basil chiffonade
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- ¾ cup cubed feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Boil quick cooking farro in salted water for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water if you prefer to have a cold salad. Drain.
- Toss peppers and onions with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and peppers. Grill onions and peppers using an oven broiler or a grill until slightly soft and caramelized.
- Combine all ingredients to farro and toss gently. Test for seasonings. You may want to add additional olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
* For a citrusy farro salad, grate the zest of 1 lemon and use the juice.
* For a bit of heat, add 1 Anaheim red chili pepper
* Mint is also great!
* Up the protein level with a can of chickpeas